(Note: recipe adapted from here if you’re really curious, but the site has an imbedded videoclip, so super low-bandwidth users beware!)
Vegan / Gluten-free Triple Choc Cookies
• 2-1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (Orgran do a good one)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup dairy-free butter or margarine (I used Nuttelene)
• 3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup cocoa
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Egg Replacer for 2 eggs
• 1 cup “milk” vegan chocolate, 1 cup white vegan chocolate – ~ 1 bar each of Sweet Williams chocolate seemed to work well
1. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
3. Add egg replacer one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture.
4. Stir in chips and nuts.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake in preheated 190 degrees (Celcius) oven for about 15 minutes (NB!: they will be extremely soft and crumbly when you take them out, so don’t freak out like I did – just leave them to cool for 5-10 minutes and then take them off the baking trays).
7. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
These taste awesome, especially given that gluten-free baked goods can often taste a little… odd. But even the non-vegans in your life will love these! This is a photo of my first attempt at these: