Well, it’s not really much of a recipe, since I was
being really lazy trying out a new product, so I didn’t make this from scratch. Still, here it is:
Makes about 3 servings, or 2 if you’re really hungry.
3 cups cooked pasta (I used spirals)
1 can Sanitarium ‘Savoury Lentils’
1 can tinned mushrooms, rinsed
1/3 can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ‘beef’ stock (I use Massel’s brand)
1 tbsp onion salt/flakes (I use McCormack’s brand)
3 tbsp mixed herbs (or to taste, I do like my rosemary)
Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta, rinse, and set aside to drain.
- Add olive oil to a pan, then sautee mushrooms, with a sprinkling of mixed herbs, until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and savoury lentils, stirring well at a medium-high temperature.
- Add ‘beef’ stock, onion flakes, the rest of the mixed herbs, and pepper, stirring constantly.
- Continue mixing, at a medium-high temperature, for approx. 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add to pasta, mix through and enjoy!
And here is the customary photograph. I think my food photography skills are improving somewhat?
Expect the formal review of the Sanitarium ‘Savoury Lentils’ later this week.