You know you’re an adult (a responsible one) when:
- It’s a nice day, and your first thought is “oh good, I can get some washing done.”
- You skip past the fun junk mail (electronics, toys, clothes, etc.) to see what’s on special at Coles this week.
- You can have ice-cream for dinner if you want… but you’re too worried about calories to do so.
- It starts to rain, and your first thought is “Is there washing on the line!?!”
- You look forward to weekends… so you have more hours to catch up on all your work/housework.
- You actually use Facebook for networking/events, not gossip.
- When checking emails, over your morning coffee, you automatically delete any “funny forwards” without reading.
- You have no bedtime… but you’re always in bed before 11:00pm.
- You look forward to looking through the homewares/kitchen appliance section in any department store.
- “Spontaneous” nights of drunken revelry are carefully scheduled around work.
- This scheduling is painstakingly recorded in your dayplanner/organiser.
- You’d wither and die if you lost said dayplanner/organiser.
- You keep a blog that’s full of recipes and political rants, not self-indulgent poetry and anecdotes about boys.
I can think of a lot more, but thirteen is a good number at which to finish, I think. Please feel free to add your own in the comments section. Also, I apologise for any typographical errors, I’m so tired I’m going cross-eyed.